Chrome Browswer Tips and Tricks for Students - Google Dictionary Extension
The Google Dictionary Extension gives you one click instant access to definitions and pronunciations for words you encounter on the Web.
- Find an article(s) that you would like students to read and which you know contains words that may be misunderstood or unknown
- Ask students to add the Google Dictionary Extension to their Chrome Browser
- Have students identify unknown words, view the basic definition and the additional resources linked to the definition
- Encourage students to click on the audio icon to hear unfamiliar words read outloud
- Have student open a Google Doc to collect words they find
- Use a Google form to collect an "exemplar" word from each student for accountability and to build a class collaborative resource